A Capability Statement (CS) is a critical tool to help you be as successful as possible, no matter what size company you represent. successful firms use their Capability Statement for a number of purposes including;
- Required in many government registration processes
- A door-opener to new agencies
- Proof of qualification
- Proof of past performance
- It will set you apart from your competitors.
Please be sure your CS contains the sections 1 to 4 below.
My suggestion would be to write them down, perhaps below each section here, before you transfer the information to the template. If you would like I'll review your updated sections (per below).
1. Core competencies. Introduce the company'* core competencies and relate those to the customers’ specific needs.
2. Past performance. Describe similar work you have performed for past customers.
3. Differentiators. Discuss unique techniques or approaches that are part of your business.
4. Corporate data. List your business details:
a. Facilities or Office Locations. List all significant and strategically placed office locations.
b. Relevant codes. List DUNS, CAGE, NAICS, or other codes.